A delicious bread free of gluten, containing high amounts of skin nourishing ingredients and so simple to make. The perfect skin food!
Makes one loaf
350 g (12 oz/21/3 cups) gluten-free self-raising flour
30 g (1 oz/1/4 cup) ground flaxseeds
20 g (3/4 oz/1/4 cup) chia seeds
115 g (4 oz/3/4 cup) mixed sunflower seeds and pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
4 organic eggs
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
4 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
80 ml(21/2 fl oz/1/3 cup) tablespoons additive-free coconut milk
6 drops stevia liquid
125 ml (4 fl oz/1/2 cup) filtered water
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C (345°F/Gas 3–4) and grease and flour a 20 x 9 cm (approx 8 x 4 inch) loaf tin.
2. Combine flour, flaxseed, chia, sunflower, pumpkin seeds and salt in a bowl and mix until combined.
3. In a separate large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat eggs for about 2 minutes – they should be pale and fluffy.
4. Stir in apple cider vinegar, butter, coconut milk, stevia and water. Pour wet ingredients into bowl with flour mixture and stir well to combine.
5. Spoon mixture into prepared loaf tin and bake in oven for 40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
This loaf will keep for one week in the fridge or two months in the freezer.
From ‘Eat Yourself Beautiful’ by Lee Holmes